Adult acne and hormones.
Acnezine by Revitol
For millions of women it occurs just like clockwork, every month the get bloating, cramping, mood swings and acne. Professional people or specialists know that acne is subjective to hormones, but exploration on the topic of acne has been very limited until recently when a study was Alan Shalita, MD. He confirmed that nearly 50% of women suffered some form of acne flare up the week prior to their period.
This specific type of acne is more commonly known as hormonal acne, this type of acne normally fails to respond to traditional treatments, such as tropical retinoids and systemic or tropical antibiotics.
Here is a list of signs that can help with identifying hormonal acne.
1. Acne or breakouts that suddenly appear for the 1st time in adults.
2. A history of menstrual cycles that are irregular.
3. Flare ups of acne prior to a menstrual cycle.
4. Increased oiliness around the facial area.
5. Excessive hair growth or hair growing in bizarre places.
6. Raised levels of certain androgen’s in the blood stream.